Introduction to Steam Doors
What is a steam door, arent from a shower door?
- A steam door is a glass door specifically designed for a steam room.
- Steam doors require special gasketing to prevent steam from escaping.
- Not all shower door manufacturers off
nd how is it diffeer the water and steam tight door system required by steam rooms.
- When ordering, always specify "for steamroom" or "steamer", since many of these glass doors are also manufactured for other applications.
- Steam doors are not completely airtight; they have a small gap at the bottom for ventilation. This does not allow steam to escape, since steam is lighter than air, and rises.
- Sliding glass doors are also available. See Alumax section. They also make tub height sliding doors to make that area a steam bath or steam/bath/shower.
- We have both sliding and hinged doors that can be set up in any size or arrangement for the front wall of your steam room.
- Commercial models are typically sized for wheelchair access.
- The very newest trend in steam showers is a sound system
- Additional facts about steamers found here.
- For more information, please call our showroom at 800-FastGlass
IF YOU NEED TO BUY A STEAMER UNIT TRY THIS COMPANY
see video about seals